Fat injections to buttocks have become popular as a way to build up volume as in what I call the procedure; “Boca Butt Lift”
Our understanding is that there is request by patients to fill the buttocks at the right angles and empty the flanks, the so called ‘love handles’ and create a more favorable thigh to buttock ratios.
For many years I have been building buttocks and personally have improved the safety of this procedure.
HOW POPULAR ARE THESE PROCEDURES?
The Aesthetic Plastic Surgery reported that members surgeons performed close to 20,000 fat transfers to the buttocks in 2016, up from less than 19,000 in 2015.
It is getting lots more popular this year as well.
HOW SAFER CAN THESE PROCEDURES BE CARRIED ALONG?
In spite of the popularity of buttocks injections, there has been some significant problems of fatal and nonfatal fat embolism associated with gluteal fat grafting and a special task force was set to examine this topic and make appropriate recommendations.
WHAT AM I DOING TO MAKE THE PROCEDURE SAFER?
- For years I have avoided injecting the deep gluteal muscles in preventing the contact with large vessels.
- I always pay attention to the deeper plane of these involved vessels and stay superficially where fat is injected
- I developed and use cannula that is in constant motion and avoid slow and sharp cannulas
- I draw and identify the pass where the large stems of these vessels exist.
- Developed a special method to emulsify the fat and use nano (very small) fat rather than regular fat.
Fat injections to buttocks is a safe and popular procedure when carried about by a board certified plastic surgeon who takes special precautions in providing safety in this important field of Boca Butt Lift.