The Ideal Protein Protocol
The Ideal Protein Protocol is a comprehensive health platform including a weight loss phase, 2 transition phases and a 12 months evidence based maintenance phase focused on behavioral and lifestyle changes.
For a defined period of time, determined by you and Dr Ronnie, we limit carbohydrate intake to encourage the body to turn to its fat as a primary source of energy.
By eating high biological protein foods (over 70 different choices) and whole foods including plenty of vegetables, salads and lean proteins, the protocol helps to support muscles and lean tissues. Throughout the weight and once your weight loss objective is achieved and you transition into phase 2, 3 and 4 of the protocol, Dr Ronnie teaches you how to develop smarter eating habits and lifestyle choices, to help maintain your weight after weight loss is achieved and well into a year.
The ideal protein weight loss method phase 1 is not a high-protein plan…it simply offers a variety of food, quality, vegetable protein-based foods that are easily assimilated but that have less calories and less fat than animal protein.
What is Ideal Protein?
Weight loss programs and diets work because you restrict your food intake and increase your activity and exercise level. Although these approaches are effective, people feel as if they are denying themselves. As a result, once the pounds come off, they want to return to a way of eating that feels more satisfying. This often results in adding the pounds back on, even when the foods they choose are healthy. The Ideal Protein Program addresses this problem by integrating healthy, satisfying foods into the weight loss phase. You no longer feel as if you are denying yourself of satisfying meals, so you are more likely to stick with a healthier nutritional plan after losing weight.
Benefits of Ideal Protein
Our patients love the Ideal Protein Program because it:
- Represents a sustainable combination of healthy foods and changes to your lifestyle
- Does not make you feel as if you are making sacrifices, only changing how you care for your health and well-being
- Has a track record of being successful for more than 10 years
- Is based on medical protocols to increase your chances of long-term success
- Integrates a short-term plan for weight loss and long-term strategies for maintaining your ideal weight
- Includes the one-on-one support you need to follow the plan and adapt to your progress
Is Ideal Protein Right for Me?
If you have been advised by your physician that you need to lose weight or if you have struggled to maintain and ideal weight, the Ideal Protein Program is right for you.
How Involved is the Ideal Protein Program?
The Ideal Protein Program consists of four distinct phases, each of which builds upon the success of the previous phase. Phases I and II are when we help you focus on losing weight. Phases III and IV concentrate on building new lifestyle habits that ensure your long-term success in maintaining a healthy weight and quality of life.
What Can I Expect from the Ideal Protein Program?
Each phase of the Ideal Protein Program helps you simultaneously lose weight and develop new lifestyle habits that help you stay healthy for the rest of your life.
- Phase I: During Phase I, you will lose approximately 90% of the weight by eating three of the foods from the Ideal Protein Program combined with a specific amount of vegetables, lettuce and lean fish or meat.
- Phase II: The goal of Phase II is to lose the remaining weight. Two of your meals will include Ideal Protein foods. Your third meal includes lean fish or meat with a specific amount of vegetables and lettuce. This phase lasts up to two weeks.
- Phase III: This phase is where you start to learn strategies that will help you maintain your new weight. Healthy fats and carbohydrates are introduced to your eating plan for 14 days and restricted to morning meals only.
- Phase IV: Education is the centerpiece of Phase IV. This is when you learn how to maintain your weight and take in the appropriate amount of healthy foods.
Each phase includes personalized, individual counseling that teaches you:
- How to prepare meals that have the best combination of proteins, carbohydrates (sugars) and fat
- The best times of the day to eat and what foods to eat at each time
- What types of foods to include in your daily meals
How Much Does the Ideal Protein Program Cost?
The Ideal Protein Program is a personalized approach to weight loss that helps you learn how to take care of your health and maintain an ideal weight for your lifetime. As such, the cost of the program varies by individual. After your consultation, we will have the details about your Ideal Protein Program plan that we need to discuss the cost. We will also discuss our payment options and financing.
What Do I Do Next?
If you have given up on losing weight or struggled with losing the pounds, we recommend that you schedule a consultation to learn more about the Ideal Protein Program. This approach to weight loss and weight maintenance has a decade of success stories, and yours could be next.