Acne Treatments in Boca Raton, FL
The amount of acne that teens and some adult have is typically kept at bay with proper hygiene. For those with excessive problems, there are acne treatments available from Daniel Man, M.D., a board-certified plastic surgeon who treats skin conditions on people living in and around Boca Raton, FL, to help them be less self-conscious about their appearance.
What is Acne Treatment?
The reason behind acne is that the sebaceous glands produce too much oil to the point that it clogs the openings of pores. When some become too clogged, they get slightly swollen and inflamed. At the peak of the inflammation, the pimple gets white puss signaling infection. Acne is prevalent with preteens and teens but can also develop with adults when hormones are disrupted.
Benefits of Acne Treatment
Those with moderate to severe acne often seek help from a physician for treatment to diminish or heal acne. Acne treatments benefit patients by:
- Lessens breakouts
- Makes breakouts less severe
- Diminish the risk of scarring
- Treats acne resistant to over-the-counter medications and ointments
- Restores healthy appearance
- No downtime for certain treatments
Are Acne Treatments for Me?
Acne treatments are right for you if you have moderate to severe acne that does not respond to more conservative, over-the-counter solutions. The type of treatment depends on the severity of the acne and your skin.
How Do Acne Treatment Procedures Work?
There are several types of acne treatments available. Depending on the selected method, acne treatments are often performed at the physician’s office or at home. The treatments include:
- Laser Therapy. Lasers reduce the size of the glands that secrete oil as well as inflamed blood vessels to enhance the quality of the skin.
- Anti-Inflammation Therapy. This therapy benefits inflamed acne and cystic acne.
- Skin Care Treatments. Professional skin care and treatments diminish and control future outbreaks of acne. Stronger treatments like chemical peels may be used to get rid of dead skin without burning healthy tissue or further irritating the acne. Skin care treatments prescribed by a physician are used with a specific regimen to help maintain healthy skin and control future outbreaks.
Antibiotics are often prescribed in combination with these therapies.
Recovery from Acne Treatment
Most acne treatments have no downtime, although they may come with a little redness that disappears within a few days. For deeper treatments, such as laser therapy, it may be necessary to let the skin rest for a day or two to recover from the treatments. That is why it is common to have laser treatments at the end of the week to let skin rest over the weekend. With many acne treatments, it is very important to avoid direct sunlight as it can irritate or damage the skin.
How Much Does Acne Treatment Cost?
Acne treatments vary with cost based on the type of treatment recommended. During a consultation with Dr. Man, he discusses the cost as well as payment options. We accept cash, checks, and most major credit cards in addition to offering financing.
What Do I Do Next?
We recommend you schedule a consultation with Dr. Man so that he can evaluate your skin as well as your overall health to see if there is an underlying issue causing the acne. After that, he recommends the best course of treatment for your skin. ou discover and maintain healthy, toned skin.eating acne rience under her belt and is very well trainDpeDepending on the protocol, we may begin treatment following the consultation; otherwise, we can schedule future appointments.
Florida board-certified plastic surgeon Daniel Man, M.D., performs acne treatments on people living in and around Boca Raton, FL, and surrounding communities who have moderate to severe acne that is resistant to traditional medicines and ointments. Please contact us to set up your consultation today.